At United Way, we are committed to maintaining a welcoming environment for every team member, and we believe each person has something valuable to contribute. Through the development of employee resource groups and a culture focused on the values of integrity, respect, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and fun, we have built a dynamic workplace where employees can grow personally and professionally while bringing their best selves and ideas to the work we do.
Employee Resource Groups (ERG) bring together United Way employees who are associated with a common identity, diversity or set of interests. Employees engage in initiatives and activities through ERGs to build relationships and help drive positive business results for the organization.
• Racial Equity Committee: A diverse group of employees who engage in critical dialogue around race and politics that disproportionately impact black and brown communities and work to support the organization’s mission to be anti-racist.
• Engagement Committee: A cross-functional group of employees who help influence cross-functional communications as well as create engaging activities throughout the year.
• Integrity: We interact honestly, ethically and respectfully, regardless of position or department.
• Respect: We empower employees to own and drive their function in pursuit of community impact.
• Collaboration: We work together to create solutions and identify outcomes that benefit the long-term health and vitality of United Way and the community.
• Diversity & Inclusion: We support a diverse and inclusive workplace to create a synergetic foundation of innovation, growth and sustained success for our organization.
• Fun: We create an atmosphere of celebration and connectedness through quarterly staff rallies, visits to communities we serve and all-staff get-togethers.
Health and Wellness
Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as monthly wellness rebates, are offered to all full-time and eligible part-time employees.
Work / Life Balance/ Flexibility
Generous paid time, company holidays, remote and flexible scheduling options allow you to maintain and enjoy life outside of work.
Personal / Family Assistance
Disability coverage, family medical leave, paid parental leave, paid family leave and a comprehensive employee assistance program are just a few of the personal benefits offered to United Way employees.
Financial Well-Being / Security
Life insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, LifeLock coverage, transit reimbursements, 401k contributions, and health savings and flexible spending accounts help you to plan a strong financial future for you and your family.
Executive Director, 2-1-1Learn More
Resource Navigator, 2-1-1Learn More
Associate Vice President, Technology Strategy (Chief Technology Officer)Learn More
(Cook County) Director, Community EngagementLearn More
Manager, Grants & DatabaseLearn More
Tocqueville Society OfficerLearn More
Vice President, Initiatives and Public ProgrammingLearn More
Web & Digital Content StrategistLearn More