United Way of Metro Chicago’s Virtual Volunteer Student Resume Workshop allows students to connect with business professionals such as yourself who can offer useful guidance to students who need an activity resume when applying for college, internships, or summer/part-time jobs. Creating a resume can be a scary and tedious process for students, but with your assistance, students can feel confident and prepared. A great activity resume can help students showcase their skills, achievements, experience, and extra-curriculars on paper.
Many students may feel unsure as to what types of achievements, skills, or activities to include on their resume. It is your job to help students identify what interests them and also what their skills/talents may be. This resume workshop will:
• Explain the importance of having a strong resume and how it can benefit them when applying to colleges and jobs
• Explain the importance of being concise and using proper formatting
• Help students identify and describe their skills, interests, and passions
• Help students create a resume that makes them feel proud and confident
• Help students learn to make updates and edits in the future to keep their resume current
Ready to get started? Please complete and submit the below virtual student resume workshop request form and a United Way team member will follow-up with next step. United, we will build stronger neighborhoods for a stronger Chicago region.